[wm_posts post_type=”wm_staff” columns=”3″ count=”24″ order=”name” taxonomy=”staff_department:Social Work”][/wm_posts]
- We assist our students & families in identify factors at home, school and/or community that impact educational success and work to reduce those barriers to learning. These barriers may include but are not limited to: truancy, alcohol and other drug abuse, child abuse and neglect, basic family needs, economic factors, behavioral difficulties, divorce, and mental health concerns.
- We educate the student in recognizing and managing emotions, developing care and concern for others, establishing positive relationships, making responsible decisions, & handling challenging situations.
- We teach the student on how to calm themselves when angry and resolve conflicts respectfully. Goal setting, decision-making, and problem-solving are also key components of instruction.
- We prepare the student so they can be successful in the classroom.
- We provide these services through individual, group, family, and crisis counseling.
- We support parents, teachers, and administrators in understanding the student’s developmental and educational needs.
- We serve as links between the school, home, and community resources.