Information and Links:
STEM, STRINGS & VESTIBULE
Architect: Hahnfeld Hoffer Standford
Construction Manager: W.B. Kibler
Start Construction: Spring 2017
Finish: Winter 2017
LIFECYCLE & DEFICIENCY
Construction Manager: Adolfson & Peterson
Start Construction: Fall 2018*
Finish: Spring 2019*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: Complete
The first construction project - the two new STEM labs, strings room and security vestibule - is complete.
For the second project - lifecycle and deficiency improvements - exterior work started over Thanksgiving break and is now finished. All flatwork was poured, new chillers and a new roof-top unit were installed, and installation of a new fire alarm system is finished.
Bond-funded work at Ashworth is being done in two stages. The first stage includes adding two STEM labs, a strings room and security vestibule. The second stage includes a number of life-cycle and deficiency upgrades.
- Add two STEM labs
- Add strings classroom
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Identify and improve existing site accessibility
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair roof
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, fire alarms and landscaping
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.