Project Status: In Construction
Construction started in the spring with building a new ADA ramp inside the school; then major renovations started over the summer. Renovations for the strings and music rooms are nearly complete and the rooms are being used. Renovations to provide a new admin area are in progress and should wrap up soon. When they do conclude, admin staff will occupy the new space, freeing up their current space to be renovated and converted into new STEM labs.
The HVAC replacement at Goodman was completed last summer.
- HVAC replacement (separate project, managed by Infinity Contractors)
- Add two STEM labs
- Add strings classroom
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Improve existing site accessibility
- Add ADA parking and resurface existing parking lot
- Replace roof
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair/replace and upgrade plumbing, interior finishes, exterior, landscaping and site lighting
- Replace K-pod (kindergarten building) heating and A/C, flooring and roof
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.