Information and Links:
Address: 2101 Overbrook Drive Arlington, TX 76014
Architect: Perkins + Will
Construction Manager: Pete Durant & Associates
Start Construction: Fall 2017
Finish: Summer 2018*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: Substantially Complete
Construction at Atherton is now complete, including sidewalk replacement at the front of the school, renovations at the front entrance (including a new security vestibule and renovated reception area), HVAC/mechanical upgrades and a new fire alarm system. Work in the STEM labs and strings and music rooms are complete. Three storage rooms received new flooring, along with the conference room and K-pod. One or two additional electrical outlets were also installed in every classroom. The K-pod received roof work and new RTUs.
- Add two STEM labs
- Add strings classroom
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Improve and identify existing site accessibility
- Replace roof
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair and upgrade electrical equipment, heating and A/C, fire and safety, plumbing, interior finishes, landscaping and site lighting
- Replace K-pod (kindergarten building) flooring, roof and heating and A/C
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.