Information and Links:
ADDITION & SPECIAL ED SUITE
Construction Manager: Pogue
Start Construction: Winter 2016
Finish: Fall 2017
Construction Manager: Hellas Construction
Start Construction: Spring 2018
Finish: Fall 2018*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Architect: LBL Architects
Construction Manager: TBD
Start Construction: Spring 2018*
Finish: Spring 2019*
Project Status: Complete
Boles had three separate bond projects: a classroom addition and new special education suite; lifecycle and deficiency upgrades; and a new four-lane track and field lighting.
- Construction of a new four-lane track is substantially complete at Boles.
- Construction of the addition and special education suite is substantially complete. The new classroom addition and renovated areas, including a new special education suite, opened for the first week of school in August 2017.
- The final bond construction project - life-cycle and deficiency work - wrapped up toward the end of 2019. Construction began over the winter break in 2018 with parking lot accessibility improvements, and construction inside the building began over the following spring break. Scope included installing new fiber optic cabling and restroom renovations. Work in the science labs provided emergency cut-offs for electricity and gas and new exhaust systems. Outside, HVAC roof-top units and a chiller were replaced and the front drive was redone.
Bond-funded work at Boles is being done in two stages. The first stage includes adding a new special education suite and a classroom addition. The second stage includes a number of life-cycle and deficiency upgrades.
- Add special education suite
- Build 9,200 square-foot classroom addition
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Improve existing site accessibility
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, electrical, electrical equipment, interior finishes and landscaping
- Upgrade security cameras (to be done by AISD security department)
- Add new 4-lane track (separate project)