Information and Links:
Architect: WRA Architects
Construction Manager: Balfour Beatty
Start Construction: Spring 2017
Finish: Summer 2018*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: In Construction
The new classroom addition, which will house new STEM labs and a strings room, is ongoing. The walls and structure are up and roofing is nearly finished.
Other Ellis bond projects are complete, including a lot of concrete work around the school and life-cycle and deficiency work inside the building. The new front-entrance security vestibule is finished and interior renovations inside the existing building are complete. A new gym floor was installed in the spring.
- Build classroom addition to house 2 STEM labs, strings room and music room
- Convert computer lab into classroom
- Upgrade technology connectivity (fiber replacement)
- Improve and identify existing site accessibility
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Add additional card access controls
- Add parking; resurface and re-stripe existing parking; add fire loop
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, roof, plumbing, gym floor, landscaping, playground, interior finishes and site lighting
- Replace K-pod (kindergarten building) heating/AC, flooring and roof
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.