Information and Links:
ADDITIONS & LIFECYCLE WORK
Architect: BRW Architects
Construction Manager: Pogue Construction
Start Construction: Summer 2015
Finish: Winter 2016
Construction Manager: Hellas Construction
Start Construction: Spring 2018
Finish: Fall 2018*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: Complete
All bond projects, including the additions, expanded cafeteria and lifecycle and deficiency upgrades are complete.
Though not bond-funded, a new all-weather rubber surface for Workman’s track was installed, along with a new turf field. The new synthetic turf field, video scoreboard and lighting are the legacy of the 2018 NFL Draft. During the Draft, the City of Arlington, Dallas Cowboys, Gene and Jerry Jones Family Arlington Youth Foundation, NFL Foundation and Hellas Construction teamed up to donate $1.85 million to improve the grass field at Workman. The new track was funded by the AISD. See photos.
Workman consolidated with Hutcheson Junior High in August 2015 at the Workman campus. Many of the bond projects focused on enabling the school to accommodate the increased student population. Along with the addition and renovations, Newcomer Center, an AISD alternative school that was housed at Workman, moved to Ferguson Education Center over the summer of 2015 to create more space for the junior high.
- Expanded dining hall, new walk-in freezer and new grease trap
- 16-classroom addition plus eight new classrooms in existing building and new front entrance
- Renovations that include a new secure front entry with new reception, admin offices and second floor corridors to connect the existing building with the classroom addition
- New parking lot and landscaping
- Technology maintenance and upgrades to current equipment and connectivity standards
- Repairs and improvements to electrical equipment, accessibility, exterior, fire alarms, heating and A/C, landscaping, plumbing and interior finishes
- Additional keyless entry access points
- Re-surface track (separate project)
This report includes highlights of projects and is not comprehensive.