Information and Links:
ADDITIONS & LIFECYCLE WORK
Architect: BRW Architects
Construction Manager: Pogue Construction
Start Construction: Summer 2015
Finish: Winter 2016
Construction Manager: Hellas Construction
Start Construction: Spring 2018
Finish: Fall 2018*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: In Construction (track)
Improvements for Workman's track are just getting started. The track will be re-surfaced and re-striped.
All other bond projects, including the additions, expanded cafeteria and lifecycle and deficiency upgrades are complete.
Workman consolidated with Hutcheson Junior High in August 2015 at the Workman campus. Many of the bond projects focused on enabling the school to accommodate the increased student population. Along with the addition and renovations, Newcomer Center, an AISD alternative school that was housed at Workman, moved to Ferguson Education Center over the summer of 2015 to create more space for the junior high.
- Expanded dining hall, new walk-in freezer and new grease trap
- 16-classroom addition plus eight new classrooms in existing building and new front entrance
- Renovations that include a new secure front entry with new reception, admin offices and second floor corridors to connect the existing building with the classroom addition
- New parking lot and landscaping
- Technology maintenance and upgrades to current equipment and connectivity standards
- Repairs and improvements to electrical equipment, accessibility, exterior, fire alarms, heating and A/C, landscaping, plumbing and interior finishes
- Additional keyless entry access points
- Re-surface track (separate project)
This report includes highlights of projects and is not comprehensive.