Information and Links:
Architect: BRW Architects
Construction Manager: Pogue Construction
Start Construction: Summer 2015
Finish: Winter 2016
Project Status: Complete
Workman consolidated with Hutcheson Junior High in August 2015 at the Workman campus. Many of the bond projects focused on enabling the school to accommodate the increased student population. Along with the addition and renovations, Newcomer Center, an AISD alternative school that was housed at Workman, moved to Ferguson Education Center over the summer of 2015 to create more space for the junior high.
- Expanded dining hall, new walk-in freezer and new grease trap
- 16-classroom addition plus eight new classrooms in existing building and new front entrance
- Renovations that include a new secure front entry with new reception, admin offices and second floor corridors to connect the existing building with the classroom addition
- New parking lot and landscaping
- Technology maintenance and upgrades to current equipment and connectivity standards
- Repairs and improvements to electrical equipment, accessibility, exterior, fire alarms, heating and A/C, landscaping, plumbing and interior finishes
- Additional keyless entry access points
- Re-surface track
This report includes highlights of projects and is not comprehensive.