Information and Links:
STEM, STRINGS & VESTIBULE
Architect: Hahnfeld Hoffer Standford
Construction Manager: W.B. Kibler
Start Construction: Winter 2016
Finish: Summer 2017
LIFECYCLE & DEFICIENCY
Architect: VLK Architects
Construction Manager: Reeder General Contractors Inc.
Start Construction: 2019*
Finish: Summer 2019*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: Complete/Sub. Complete
Construction for the first of two bond projects at Blanton - the two new STEM labs, strings room and security vestibule - is complete.
The second bond project - the lifecycle and deficiency scope - is now substantially complete. The work included some restroom renovations, electrical work and replacing water fountains. All new HVAC roof-top units were installed, the sidewalk outside the K-pod was replaced, and the K-pod received roof improvements.
Bond-funded work at Anderson is being done in two stages. The first stage includes adding two STEM labs, a strings room and security vestibule. The second stage includes a number of life-cycle and deficiency upgrades.
- Add two STEM labs
- Add strings classroom
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Improve existing site accessibility
- Add additional card access controls
- Replace roof
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, electrical, interior finishes, plumbing, exterior, playground and landscaping
- Repair and add parking
- Replace K-pod (kindergarten building) heating and A/C, flooring and roof
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.