Information and Links:
Address: 3001 Quail Lane Arlington, TX 76016
STEM, STRINGS & VESTIBULE
Architect: Hahnfeld Hoffer Standford
Construction Manager: W.B. Kibler
Start Construction: Summer 2017
Finish: Winter 2017
LIFECYCLE & DEFICIENCY
Architect: LBL Architects
Construction Manager: Big Sky Construction
Start Construction: Fall 2019*
Finish: Spring 2019*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: Complete/In Construction
Stage one - renovations to create two STEM labs and a strings room - is complete. The art room was also renovated and a computer lab converted into a regular classroom.
Stage two - with life-cycle and deficiency upgrades - is beginning now that school is out. Roof work is getting started and soon three portables will be removed to make way for a new parallel drive. Other summer work includes new water fountains, new HVAC controls and new roof-top HVAC units.
Bond-funded work at Ditto is being done in two stages. The first stage includes adding two STEM labs, an art room and a strings room. The second stage includes a number of life-cycle and deficiency upgrades.
- Add two STEM labs
- Add a strings classroom
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Improve existing site accessibility
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair roof
- Replace and add parking
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, electrical, electrical equipment, plumbing, exterior, landscaping and site lighting
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.