- West Campus Website
- Construction Photos
- Project Fact Sheet | Spanish
- Bid Notice (STEM & strings)
- Bid Notice (lifecycle/deficiency)
Information and Links:
Address: 2911 Kingswood Blvd. Grand Prairie, TX 75052
STEM, STRINGS & VESTIBULE
Architect: Hahnfeld Hoffer Standford
Construction Manager: W.B. Kibler
Start Construction: Winter 2016
Finish: Summer 2017
LIFECYCLE & DEFICIENCY
Construction Manager: RJM Contractors
Start Construction: Early 2019*
Finish: Winter 2019*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: Complete/In Closeout
Construction of the first bond project at West - the two new STEM labs, strings room and security vestibule - is complete.
The second bond project - lifecycle and deficiency upgrades - is in the closeout phase. Projects included replacing water fountains, roofing, replacing fiber cable, and replacing HVAC controls and three HVAC roof-top units. ADA parking and landscaping improvements were also included, along with a new fire alarm system. Landscaping was completed as well, some paving replacement was done, and a new marquee and new light poles were installed.
Bond-funded work at Anderson is being done in two stages. The first stage includes adding two STEM labs, a strings room and security vestibule. The second stage includes a number of life-cycle and deficiency upgrades.
- Add 2 STEM labs
- Add strings classroom
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Identify and improve existing site accessibility
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair roof
- Repair/replace and upgrade fire alarms, heating and A/C and landscaping
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.