Principal: Wendy Britton
Assistant Principal: Amber Cannon
ABOUT West ELEMENTARY
West Elementary will be a place where parents, teachers, community members, and students will work together to create a positive, safe, and secure environment that will foster a community of life-long learners. Students will be encouraged to take responsibility for their actions and their actions and their learning. Teachers will use hands-on, real-life problem-solving experiences in the classroom to encourage critical thinking and to develop productive citizens. The uniqueness of each individual will be recognized and valued in order to help each child maximize his potential.
We, the faculty of West Elementary, are committed to working with students, parents, and community to meet the needs of our students.
WE ARE DEDICATED TO DEVELOPING LEARNERS WHO ARE:
- Enthusiastic about learning
- Responsible, productive members of the community who are able to work with a spirit of cooperation
- Independent life-long learners
- Respectful of self and others
AT WEST ELEMENTARY, WE BELIEVE….
- All children can learn
- Children have a right to a safe, positive, nurturing learning environment
- Real-life, problem-solving, hands-on experiences constitute the core of quality learning
- The uniqueness of the individual must be respected
- Optimum learning is dependent upon communication and a sense of partnership among students, parents, community, and school.
Phone: (682) 867-0100
2911 Kingswood Dr.
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Overall School Rating: B
Distinction Designations: 4
- Academics Achievement in ELA/Reading
- Academics Achievement in Mathematics
- Comparative Academic Growth
- Postsecondary Readiness
TEA School Report Card: Report
- Gifted and Talented
- Pre-Kindergarten (PreK 4, PreK 3)