Students grades 9-12 can travel from their home campus to the Center for Visual and Performing Arts High School for high quality instruction in music, art, and dance.
These courses are open to all AISD students, and will offer credit towards graduation requirements.
Courses offered at the Center for Visual and Performing Arts High School are:
To Register for courses at the CVPA High School:
All students will register at their assigned home campus, following the district registration process, then they will request the elective classes they desire (including all CVPA courses) with their school counselor. Some CPVA classes may not be available due to a course being at maximum seat capacity.
All class scheduling remains at the home campus. See your counselor for questions.
CVPA periods are staggered to allow transportation time to and from your home campus.
All students should have 4 periods per day. All students should have a 2nd & 8th period. If you have a missing period or do not have 4 periods, see your counselor.
Don’t worry! For the first week teachers will greet you at the door so no one is lost.
The Center for Visual and Performing Arts High School is a unique campus with a college-like culture. We have very high expectations for our students. As a CVPA student, you will be treated with the utmost respect and considered to be a mature young adult with specific goals for learning. Our courses are geared for students to create and grow in their craft as an artist.
Because we consider our students to be mature and goal focused, there are privileges that are granted at the CVPA that you will not see at your home campus.
These privileges include:
- No Bells
- Common areas to study or create with other students
- Opportunities to participate in unique events
Certainly with privileges come responsibilities. To stay in alignment with the CVPA culture, there are high expectations for student behavior. We have visitors in our buildings daily, including the superintendent and central administrators, administrators from other campuses, top officials from our city, community members and visitors from school districts from around the metroplex and state. Therefore, we expect every student to help us greet visitors and make them feel welcome. We expect every student to be an ambassador for the CVPA. There are non-negotiable expectations for behavior of our students.
The expectations for every CVPA student are as follows:
- It is expected that each student, faculty and staff member will treat each other with respect.
- A CVPA identification badge is required to be worn and visible while on campus every day.
- Students are expected to follow the Student Code of Conduct and AISD Dress Code.
- Students are expected to report to class immediately upon entering the building.
- Cell phone use in class is at the discretion of the teacher.
- Common areas are meant to be areas for artistic expression.
- Keep your voices down.
- Use headphones or earbuds with electronic devices.
- Keep areas free of trash and respect the space.
- Students who choose to drive to the CVPA are required to register their cars and pick up a parking permit from the CVPA at no charge. You must have both permits on your car to park at the CVPA. The CVPA permit may be revoked if safety requirements are not followed.
Your campus behavior coordinator is Cathy Isaacks, Associate Principal for the CVPA.
As part of the Texas Education Code (Sec. 37.0012), all schools in Texas shall designate a Campus Behavior Coordinator whose primary responsibility is to maintain student discipline for the campus and be a contact for parents or guardians concerning individual student disciplinary actions by the school. The person or persons designated may be the principal of the campus or any other campus administrator selected by the principal.
CVPA HS CAMPUS BEHAVIOR COORDINATOR
|Cathy Isaacksemail@example.com||(682) 867-9700|
Homeless Student Assistance (Families in Transition)
Parent & Student Self Serve - This system provides access to attendance and grades for all students.
RapidIdentity - Google Apps, Password Reset