As Principal of Turning Point High School, I am excited to serve as leader of an awesome group of dedicated staff members, who strive to provide a quality education for all students. Thank you for visiting our website. Here are some of the goals that we work toward daily:
- Serve as positive role models for our students
- Help each student realize their full academic potential
- Address the social/behavioral needs of our students
- Provide counseling support if needed or desired
- Encourage each student to graduate from High School
- Provide daily social skills in order to assist students in making good decisions
As a District Alternative Education Program, our students are all referred to us for violation of the Student Code of Conduct. As the Principal, my personal goal is to let each of my students know that they may have made a bad decision, but that they are not bad kids.
The AISD Families in Transition program can help! If you qualify, we can provide you with transportation to school, free/reduced school meals, participate in school activities and programs, and more.
We also offer contacts and resources for other local agencies, charities, and family services. Please call 682-867-7668 or visit us at http://w2.aisd.net/aisd/fit/
Do you need food assistance?
You may speak to a Social Service Assistance staff member who can provide valuable information about benefits available to you and your family and services in our area by filling out the form on this page, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 214-269-0906.
To enroll at Turning Point High School, a parent must:
- Call and schedule an intake prior to intake day/times below
- Bring student that you are enrolling
- Bring a picture ID
- Allow one hour to complete intake process
AISD provides free bus transportation to students living more than two miles from TPHS. The morning and/or afternoon bus numbers and bus stops will be assigned during the intake.
TPHS Intake Days & Times: Monday & Wednesdays – 2:15PM Tuesday & Thursdays – 8:15 AM
TPHS Choices Intake Info: Must call & schedule and appointment with Assistant Principal
Days Students Start Following Intakes: Monday & Tuesday Intake Students – Start Thursday Wednesday & Thursday Intake Students – Start Monday