Keep your child at home when:
- child has a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or 37.7 degrees Celsius or higher
- child has diarrhea or vomiting
- child has a rash of unknown origin
- child has red, runny eyes or wakes up with eyes "glued" shut
- child complains of ear pain with or without fever
Your child may return when:
- fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol or other fever reducer
- child is free of diarrhea and/or vomiting for 24 hours
- you have consulted a health care professional for the appropriate antibiotic therapy*
- you have consulted a health care professional for the appropriate care
*Upon returning to school the child must bring a signed release from the health care professional to the school nurse's office, or report to the nurse free of symptoms.
Remember: Medications must be kept in the school clinic with a doctor's and a parent's signature authorizing permission for dispensing the medication, including cough drops and other over the counter medicines.
You know your children best, if they don't seem well, they probably aren't--keep them home and consult a health care professional if necessary.
**NOTE: Please keep emergency phone numbers current in the clinic-Your child may need you!!