Call 682-867-0850 to report absences. Study the section on attendance in the A.I.S.D. Student Code of Conduct carefully. Good attendance is necessary for student success...
The following are guidelines concerning absences:
Call the school to report the reason for your child’s absence.
If possible, this call should be made before 9:00 a.m.
If you are unable to call:
- Send a note explaining the reason for your child’s absence the day your child returns to school
- A doctor’s note is needed after the third consecutive day of illness.
If your child is ill for several consecutive days:
- Please call each day
- Do not wait until the child has been ill for several days
A.I.S.D. policy allows twenty-four hours to clear an absence.
Uncleared absences after this period are considered unexcused
Please refer to the A.I.S.D. Student Code of Conduct for reasons that constitute excused absences. The following are some of the reasons for excused absences:
Legitimate days of illness (excessive absences and/or more than three consecutive days of illness require a doctor’s note)
- Death in the immediate family
- Doctor or dental appointments
- If the child returns to school the same day as a doctor’s appointment with the proper documentation from the doctor, they will be counted present for the day.
- Please note that vacations and trips are not considered excused absences
Notices of attendance violations are sent in the U.S. mail after every two unexcused absences - This includes accumulated tardies
If you should receive an attendance violation letter in error, it is important to call the school to discuss the matter.
Do not wait until your child’s promotion to the next grade is in serious jeopardy to discuss attendance with the school.