AISD Illness Guidelines
Keep your child home when he or she has:
- Temperature equal to or greater than 100 degree F
- Rash of unknown origin
- Eyes red with drainage or awaking with them “glued shut”
- Ear pain with or without fever
Your child may return when:
- Fever free (less than 100 degree F) for 24 hours without the use of a fever reducer (Tylenol, Motrin)
- Free of vomiting for 24 hours
- Free of diarrhea for 24 hours
- You have consulted a health care professional * if needed, or * if a medical referral was given
Only medication required for the student to stay in school can be given. Narcotics cannot be administered. The AISD Medication Policy and Request Form must be signed by a doctor or other legal prescriber and signed by the parent/guardian. The form should be taken to the clinic by the parent/guardian with any over-the-counter medication or prescription medication.
Emergency phone numbers:
Please provide the school office with phone numbers where you can be reached during school hours. Please provide the school office with phone numbers of friends/family/emergency contacts in the event we are unable to reach you when your child is ill. This is very important!