Clinic Phone: (682) 867-5400
Flu season is just around the corner. Here are some guidelines of when to keep your children at home and when they can return to school.
KEEP YOUR CHILD AT HOME WHEN:
1. Child has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher
2. Child has diarrhea or vomiting
3. Child has a rash of unknown origin
4. Child has red, runny eyes or wakes up with eyes "glued" shut
5. Child complains of ear pain with or without fever
YOUR CHILD MAY RETURN TO SCHOOL WHEN:
1. Child is fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol or Advil
2. Child is free of diarrhea and vomiting for 24 hours
3. You have consulted a physician for the appropriate therapy related to their illness
4. Your child has been on an antibiotic for 24 hours if they have any type of infection
Also note that if the physician wants the child to take medicine at school, I must have an authorization form filled out by the doctor and parent stating how and when the medicine is to be given. All bottles must be properly labeled with the correct medication. Any over the counter medications kept in the clinic need a form filled out by the parents, but I do not need a doctor's note for OTC medicines.
PLEASE KEEP EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS CURRENT IN THE CLINIC
- YOUR CHILD MAY NEED YOU!!!!!
STOP THE SPREAD OF COLD & FLU
CLEAN! COVER! CONTAIN!
1. CLEAN! Wash your hands often. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
2. COVER! Cover your cough. Use a tissue to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Don't have a tissue? Your sleeve will do.
3. CONTAIN! Contain germs by steering clear of others who are sick. If you do get sick, stay at home until you're well again, so you don't spread more germs.