Prepare now for tomorrow’s in-demand jobs
- Learn the basics of cybersecurity while building skills and insights into the world of digital technology
- Understand cybersecurity terminology, roles and concepts
- Study encryption, cryptography and a variety of tactics used by cyberattackers
- Earn certificates of completion for Cybersecurity Specialist (Level 1), Ethical Hacking (Level II)
- Learn the dynamics of a variety of business fields such as management, sales, marketing and accounting
- Develop business-related skills with a focus on business administration or accounting
- Become competitive in today’s job market by exploring how business works and the economy operates
- Earn certificates of completion in Business Administration: Business (Level I and II)
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistic, employment in the field of cybersecurity is expected to grow 33% from 2020 to 2030. Average starting salaries in this field range from $46,000 - $89,000.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistic, employment in the field of business administration is expected to grow 17% from 2020 to 2030. Average starting salaries in this field range from $32,000 – $61,000.
A P-TECH program offers your child everything they need to explore their passions.
- Earn a high school diploma, up to 60 hours of FREE college credit from Tarrant County College, and industry certifications
- Gain relevant work experience in a fast-growing field
- Receive academic and social supports in a strategic and individualized fashion from professional staff members
- Participate in skills-based internships
- Receive mentoring from industry partners
- Develop soft skills needed for college and career success
We understand that the choice to give your child a unique education is a big one.
At P-TECH at Lamar High School, students receive all the benefits of the Arlington ISD whole-child education, plus an opportunity to nurture their passions.
AISD P-TECH staff are committed to helping your child succeed.
- Automatic enrollment in AVID
- Tutoring and test preparations tailored for each student
- P-TECH peer support groups
- Frequent check-ins from counselors and staff
- Summer bridge programming offered
- Application assistance provided
- Free transportation from hub locations across the district
- A team of experts to create a dynamic learning environment
How to launch your P-TECH education:
Identify if P-TECH is right for your child.
Apply for P-TECH at Lamar High School during the application window.
Watch your student thrive.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The P-TECH model relies on a strong partnership between a school district, a community college and an industry partner. The P-TECH model is different because it provides students with the education they need to earn an industry-recognized two-year postsecondary degree as well as a high school diploma at no additional cost to the family.
P-TECH at Lamar High School prepares students for careers in business administration and cybersecurity.
Incoming freshmen for the 2022-2023 school year are eligible to apply.
Industry partners serve as a core component of the P-TECH model. Through this partnership, students can get work-based industry experience that includes mentoring, site visits, speeches, project days and internships.
No, but students must complete an application and participate in the Summer Bridge program.
Students can apply online at www.aisd.net/specializedprograms or www.aisd.net/lamar-high-school/p-tech-at-lamar-high-school/. Applications will be available starting at noon on Nov. 1, 2021, and must be submitted by Jan. 28, 2022, at 5 p.m. Students and parents must fill out the application completely and then the selection process will begin and may include student and parent interviews and parent information sessions.
The P-TECH academies will provide embedded opportunities for students to participate in dual credit, IB and AP courses.
Business administration and cybersecurity are offered at Lamar P-TECH.
Residents outside of Arlington ISD boundaries will be offered admission after all Arlington ISD residents have been placed.
A notification will be sent via e-mail on March 7, 2022, to the e-mail address provided on the application form. Parents will have until Thursday, March 10, 2022, to respond.
There is no cost to attend Lamar P-TECH. P-TECH is free for all Arlington ISD students and those enrolling from outside of the district.
Yes, there are school buses that travel to and from each traditional high school in the district on each school day to Bowie P-TECH. Students are picked up at the traditional high school they are zoned to attend then driven to Bowie each day. They ride the bus back to the traditional high school each afternoon.
Transportation is not provided for out-of-district students.
No. Tuition is waived for students enrolled and textbooks will be provided to all students free of charge.
Students will begin taking college level classes during their freshman year, then begin taking more classes as they progress through high school.
Yes. In addition to all of the unique P-TECH offerings, your child can also participate in traditional high school activities such as athletics, fine arts and extracurricular clubs and organizations.