Workman Junior High School
2023-2024 Bell Schedule (v1.1)
|Campus Schedule||Instructional Minutes||Important Scheduling Notes|
All students may begin entering the building at 8:15 am through the West Lobby - Main Entrance.
Students will pick up their breakfast from the cafeteria and then walk to their 1st-period class and eat there.
Students not eating breakfast will report directly to their 1st-period class.
|1st Period||8:45||9:45||60 minutes||15-minute student academic enrichment period including daily announcements, & 45 minutes of academic instruction|
|2nd Period||9:49||10:34||45 minutes|
|3rd Period||10:38||11:23||45 minutes|
|4th Period||11:27||12:33||66 minutes||
7th Grade: 33-minute Enrichment & 30-min. Lunch with a 3-minute transition between lunch groups.
8th Grade: 45-minute class & 21-min. Enrichment
7th Grade teachers review the Advisory Schedule to see what time your class goes to lunch.
|5th Period||12:37||1:43||66 minutes||
7th Grade: 45-minute class & 21-min. Enrichment
8th Grade: 33-minute Enrichment & 30-min. Lunch with a 3-minute transition between lunch groups.
8th Grade teachers review the Advisory Schedule to see what time your class goes to lunch.
|6th Period||1:47||2:32||45 minutes|
|7th Period||2:36||3:21||45 minutes|
|8th Period||3:25||4:10||45 minutes|
|Building Closes||4:15||384 minutes overall||All students not participating in after-school activities must exit campus.|
- Once on campus, stay on campus
- Parents must call in student absence by 10 a.m.
- If you have more than 3 unexcused absences within a 4 week period, you will be referred to the Truancy Officer.
- Students start each six week's with zero tardies.
- Excessive tardies will result in corrective action.
- Written Warning (up to two times)
- Conference with AP & Parent
- After school detention (Each detention infraction stands alone, and is issued in 30-minute increments, up to 2 hours.) (I.E. Tardy#5 = 30 minutes, #6 = 60 minutes, etc.)
- 2hr. Friday Night School
- 2hr. Saturday School
- 4hr. Saturday School
- Referral to Truancy Officer
If you are having difficulty understanding concepts you learned in class or need extra help, encourage all students to come to tutoring.
Want to explore something new, take part in an enrichment activity.
Workman JHS offers before and after-school tutoring opportunities to all students on campus.
Tutoring & Enrichment Opportunities are available:
Monday – Thursday (7:30 am to 8:15 am or 4:20 pm to 5:15 pm)
Students arriving before 8:25 am will need a pass from their teacher to be admitted into the building. Enrichment opportunities are only offered after school.
Parents and students must secure their transportation. (Always check with your teacher as actual start & end times may change or vary.)