Prior to applying
Please take time to watch the videos about Venture High School prior to applying to help you make an appropriate and informed decision on what is the best academic placement for you.
Venture High School 30th Celebration provides information on the history of VHS and our plans for the future.
How to apply to Venture
Every student wanting to attend any Venture School Program must complete and submit the appropriate application.
Note: All applications will be considered incomplete and its review will be delayed if not fully completed and submitted.
Do not withdraw from your home campus. Venture will contact your home campus to initiate a withdrawal.
Venture Voyager Program
- Did not pass the semester in two or more subjects of the core curriculum in the preceding or current school year
- Did not advance from one grade level to the next for one or more school years
- Did not perform satisfactorily on one or more sections of the most recent state administered assessment instruments (STAAR/EOC)
- Are pregnant or are a parent
- Have been placed in an alternative education program during the preceding or current school year
- Have been expelled during the preceding or current school year
- Are currently on parole, probation, deferred prosecution, or other conditional release
- Were previously reported through PEIMS to have dropped out of school
- Are a student with limited English proficiency
- Are in the custody of DPRS or have been referred by a school official, juvenile court, or law enforcement official to the DPRS during the school year
- Are homeless
- Resided, during the preceding school year or the current school year, in a residential placement facility in the district, including a detention facility, substance abuse treatment facility, emergency shelter, psychiatric hospital, halfway house, or foster group home
To complete an application to be considered for enrollment in Venture School Voyager Program please click here.