Prepare now for tomorrow’s in-demand jobs
- Learn the basics of cybersecurity while building skills and insights into the world of digital technology
- Understand cybersecurity terminology, roles and concepts
- Study encryption, cryptography and a variety of tactics used by cyberattackers
- Earn certificates of completion for Cybersecurity Specialist (Level 1), Ethical Hacking (Level II)
- Learn the dynamics of a variety of business fields such as management, sales, marketing and accounting
- Develop business-related skills with a focus on business administration or accounting
- Become competitive in today’s job market by exploring how business works and the economy operates
- Earn certificates of completion in Business Administration: Business (Level I and II)
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistic, employment in the field of cybersecurity is expected to grow 33% from 2020 to 2030. Average starting salaries in this field range from $46,000 - $89,000.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistic, employment in the field of business administration is expected to grow 17% from 2020 to 2030. Average starting salaries in this field range from $32,000 – $61,000.
A P-TECH program offers your child everything they need to explore their passions.
- Earn a high school diploma, up to 60 hours of FREE college credit from Tarrant County College, and industry certifications
- Gain relevant work experience in a fast-growing field
- Receive academic and social supports in a strategic and individualized fashion from professional staff members
- Participate in skills-based internships
- Receive mentoring from industry partners
- Develop soft skills needed for college and career success
We understand that the choice to give your child a unique education is a big one.
At P-TECH at Lamar High School, students receive all the benefits of the Arlington ISD whole-child education, plus an opportunity to nurture their passions.
AISD P-TECH staff are committed to helping your child succeed.
- Automatic enrollment in AVID
- Tutoring and test preparations tailored for each student
- P-TECH peer support groups
- Frequent check-ins from counselors and staff
- Summer bridge programming offered
- Application assistance provided
- Free transportation from hub locations across the district
- A team of experts to create a dynamic learning environment
How to launch your P-TECH education:
Identify if P-TECH is right for your child.
Apply for P-TECH at Lamar High School during the application window.
Watch your student thrive.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is P-TECH ?
Who is eligible?
HOW DO I APPLY AND WHEN IS THE DEADLINE?
Students and parents must fill out the application completely and then the selection process will begin. Parent information sessions will be posted on the specialized programs page.
How do Industry Partners impact the Student Learning experience?
What is dual credit?
What pathways are offered?
Are there prerequisites?
Will students be able to participate in AP and IB courses?
How many students are accepted each year?
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I WAS ACCEPTED?
DO YOU ACCEPT OUT-OF-DISTRICT STUDENTS?
IS THERE A COST TO ATTEND LAMAR P-TECH?
Will I have to pay tuition for college level classes?
WHEN WILL STUDENTS START TAKING COLLEGE-LEVEL CLASSES?
IS THERE TRANSPORTATION?
Transportation is not provided for out-of-district students.
CAN MY CHILD PLAY SPORTS OR PARTICIPATE IN FINE ARTS WHILE AT THIS SCHOOL?
Are students able to re-apply if they were not accepted as a freshman?
ARE THERE OTHER SCHOOLS I CAN GO TO IF I DON’T GET INTO THIS ONE?
Arlington Collegiate High School
Arlington College and Career High School
Sam Houston P-TECH
STEM Academy at Martin High School