Morton Families -
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR AN AMAZING FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL AT MORTON! WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE, UNDERSTANDING, AND GRACE TODAY AT ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL! We know the lines were long, but you were able to walk your students to class, take pictures, meet your teacher, etc. ...This is for the safety and security of all students, staff, and visitors on campus. Please know that we will continue to use our Raptor Badge system for all visitors to campus daily, so please always have a current ID with you. There will be no exceptions. The process will get better each day!!!
TOMORROW STARTS INDEPENDENCE DAY FOR THE REST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR WITH STUDENTS. STUDENTS WILL COME INTO SCHOOL AND WALK TO BREAKFAST OR THEIR CLASS INDEPENDENTLY. WE WILL HAVE STAFF MEMBERS FOR THOSE STUDENTS NEEDING ASSISTANCE.
DISMISSAL: Please also continue to bring your parent pickup tag at dismissal whether carpool in front in the front lane or parent walk-up under the covered walkway by the staff parking lot.
Just a few reminders:
1. Arrive to school no earlier than 7:50 a.m. Please do not arrive before that time. We had a few drop offs this morning. Please make sure that you do not drop off students. It is unsafe. There is no one to monitor. Our staff does not arrive to school until 7:45 a.m. There is only one entry to the building - the front doors.
2. Come to school with a GROWTH MINDSET and READY TO LEARN!
3. Make sure your student is wearing their uniform even on the first day of school. Morton ES is a uniform policy school. Also, make sure the students have the necessary basic supplies to be able to get through the day. If you need any assistance with uniforms or supplies, please call the school.
4. Instruction starts at 8:10 a.m. Please make sure your student is at school between 7:50 a.m. - 8:10 a.m.
5. BREAKFAST AND LUNCH W/STUDENTS WILL START AFTER LABOR DAY - September 6, 2022. We will send a reminder of the schedule on which days you can eat with specific grade levels. We need to make sure our cafeteria systems are in place before we have guests.
6. If your student is in the Tarrant County Kids after school program, it will not start until Monday, August 22, 2022. More information to come. Please make arrangements to pick up your students this week. Look for an email or letter sent home in the take home folder from Ms. Adams, Principal.
7. All students must be picked up by 4:00 p.m. The school/office closes for the day. Please be on time! Our dismissal process will get quicker each day! Our goal is to have everyone to their parent no later than 3:55 p.m.
8. If you still need to register your students, please do not arrive until 8:30 a.m., we will not start registration until that time. You will have to wait in the library until all our students have arrived to school and are in classes safely ready to learn!
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU FOR DAY 2 TOMORROW! IT IS GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY AND YEAR AT MORTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!
Ms. Adams, Principal/Directora