Which Early Childhood Programs are Available?
HALF DAY PRE-K
AISD provides free, half-day Prekindergarten to students that meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria (as outlined by TEA)
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program;
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child;
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
*Age is always calculated as of September 1 of the current school year (for the purposes of establishing eligibility).
For more information on eligibility please visit the Texas Education Agency Website.
2019 - 2020 PREK-4 PAID PROGRAM
Students who are 4 years old have 2 Pre-K choices in Arlington for 2019 - 2020.
- Half-day program (morning or afternoon) at a rate of $263 per month
- Full-day program at a rate of $527 per month.
Note that seating is limited. Parents will pay the school directly on the 1st of each month.
Paid Program Locations:
AISD HEAD START
The Arlington ISD is proud to be partnering with Child Care Associates to offer Head Start pre-K programs at two locations for the 2019-2020 school year. Head Start promotes the school readiness of young children from low-income families through agencies like Child Care Associates.
AISD offers half day Pre-K classes at 15-day care locations, for 3 and 4-year-olds. Community-based centers are daycare centers that work with AISD. They have an accredited AISD teacher, that includes AISD curriculum, all materials, and technology.