Apply problem-solving principles in a mechanical world.
- Learn the basics of engineering
- Focus on STEM to understand the basic concepts of engineering
- Follow love of drafting in computer-aided design
- Turn Level I CAD technician certification into a job that averages more than $60,000 annually
- Four-year degree in engineering average salary in Tarrant County is $105,000
In addition to all of the unique P-TECH offerings, your child can also participate in traditional high school activities such as athletics, fine arts and extracurricular clubs and organizations.
When your child completes the P-TECH program, they’ll be confident and ready for college or fully prepared for a great career.
P-TECH is free for ALL Arlington ISD students and those enrolling from outside of the district.
A P-TECH program offers your child
everything they need to explore their passions.
- Earn a high school diploma, up to 60 hours of FREE college credit from Tarrant County College and industry certifications
- Gain relevant work experience in a fast-growing field
- Receive academic and social supports in a strategic and individualized fashion from professional staff members
- Participate in skills-based internships
- Receive professional mentoring from industry partner Bell
- Develop soft skills needed for college and career success
65% of kids starting school today will work in jobs that don’t exist now.
Prepare for this new reality today.
Make a seamless transition from high school to college or an in-demand career.
How to launch your P-TECH education:
Identify if P-TECH is right for your child.
Apply for P-TECH at Seguin High School during the application window.
Watch your student thrive.
We understand that the choice to give your child a unique education is a big one.
At P-TECH at Seguin High School, students receive all the benefits of the Arlington ISD whole-child education, plus an opportunity to nurture their passions.
Arlington ISD P-TECH staff are committed to helping your child succeed.
- Automatic enrollment in AVID program
- Tutoring and test preparations tailored for each student
- P-TECH peer support groups
- Frequent check-ins from counselors and staff
- Summer bridge programming offered
- Application assistance provided
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS P-TECH?
WHAT IS THE FOCUS OF P-TECH AT SEGUIN HIGH SCHOOL?
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
HOW DO INDUSTRY PARTNERS IMPACT THE STUDENT LEARNING EXPERIENCE?
ARE THERE PREREQUISITES?
HOW DO I APPLY AND WHEN IS THE DEADLINE?
WILL STUDENTS BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN AP AND IB COURSES?
WHAT IS DUAL CREDIT?
DO YOU ACCEPT OUT-OF-DISTRICT STUDENTS?
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I WAS ACCEPTED?
IS THERE A COST TO ATTEND SEGUIN P-TECH?
IS THERE TRANSPORTATION?
Transportation is not provided for out-of-district students.
WILL I HAVE TO PAY TUITION FOR COLLEGE-LEVEL CLASSES?
WHEN WILL STUDENTS START TAKING COLLEGE-LEVEL CLASSES?
CAN MY CHILD PLAY SPORTS OR PARTICIPATE IN FINE ARTS WHILE AT THIS SCHOOL?
Are students able to re-apply if they were not accepted as a freshman?
ARE THERE OTHER SCHOOLS I CAN GO TO IF I DON’T GET INTO THIS ONE?
Arlington Collegiate High School
Arlington College and Career High School
Sam Houston P-TECH
STEM Academy at Martin High School
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
Your child has an incredible path ahead.
A P-TECH education will provide them with opportunities to change the world.