DEBATE is a formal discussion between two individuals or teams on a topic, issue, or statement for the purpose of considering differing viewpoints.
DEBATE topics come from current events and daily headline news.
DEBATE is the best preparation for the business and professional world students can undertake in their education.
- public and professional speaking
- investigating current issues
- crafting informative and persuasive speeches
- learning about local, state, national and international concerns
- exploring political theory, philosophy
- recognizing and understanding the differing sides to a topic
- competing before an audience or judge
- researching daily
Debate is NOT
- THE LOUDEST PERSON WINS
- INFORMAL OR RANDOM DISCUSSION
ORAL INTERPRETATION is the presentation either through dramatic reading or acting of published literary selections.
ORAL INTERPRETATION is personal performance or team performance beyond the normal scope of acting.
ORAL INTERPRETATION stretches the actor’s performance and skill to a demanding, personal presentation requiring dedication and commitment.
ORAL INTERP IS
- performance before an audience and a judge
- individual and team work
- developing vocal as well as acting skills
- exploring the creative side of speaking
- bringing a new perspective to your pieces
- developing understanding and interpretation
- creating different entertaining and believable characters without costumes, lights, props or scenery
- perfecting your acting, speaking and performance skills
AHS competes in TFA - Texas Forensic Association tournaments from September through February.
Sixteen students have competed in the State Tournament in 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015, 2017.
AHS also holds membership as a charter member in the National Forensic League and Honor Society.
We have earned our place in the Nationals Tournament in 2005, 2011 and 2017.
Sponsor is Jonni Davis firstname.lastname@example.org