Go From Your Backyard To Space With Books
Reading books often takes you to far off places and on adventures you can only imagine. Exploring the World Without Leaving Home can be easy with books – so finish your work through the Arlington ISD At-Home Learning Hub then join us while we Explore: Book edition.
Arlington Public Library
- Our very own Arlington Public Library, which started curbside pickup for books last week, has read-alouds and art lessons every week on its Facebook page. The library also posted these fun Gratitude Coloring pages recently.
Stay At Home Story Time
- “The Day the Crayons Quit” fans: you’re in luck! Author Oliver Jeffers read and discussed all of his books on Instagram Live and saved them on his website for all to enjoy for Stay at Home Story Time.
Harry Potter At Home
- J.K. Rowling brings the magic of Harry Potter right into your home with her new website that launched April 1 called Harry Potter at Home. Quizzes, puzzles and more will keep first-time and long-time Hogwarts students happy.
Coloring Pages And More
- Childhood favorite Eric Carle has his own website with downloadable coloring pages, games and more. You can even listen to “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” being read in 14 different languages.
Out Of This World Stories
- What happens when children’s books are sent to the International Space Station? You get Story Time From Space! Tune in for astronauts floating around part of the space station and reading a book for all to enjoy.