Duff Elementary physical education teacher Matt Bostick isn’t above props, and he proves that with his latest Workout Wednesday exercise plan.
To start the second six weeks, Bostick wants everyone to get a soccer ball or any other ball and incorporate that into the exercise routine.
In his Soccer Ball Workout, Bostick has four exercises that can be done in around 10 minutes and either add to your fun or pain.
Here’s Workout Wednesday No. 4.
Soccer Ball Workout (as many reps as possible for 8-12 minutes)
- 10 soccer ball side lunges
- 10 soccer ball jump squats overhead
- 30 second wall sit holding the ball in lap or overhead
- 10 soccer ball plank passes or pushups
In case you’re looking for what Bostick has done for Workout Wednesday in the past, here are this year’s plans.
Tabata (20 seconds of work, 10 seconds rest, older students can repeat for more work)
- Shuffle taps (pick the daisies)
- Squat walks
- Plank hold
- Crab toe touch
- Pogo stick squats (good calf work too)
- Dead bugs
- Leg lifts
Cardio Minute Challenge (hit a stopwatch and switch every minute)
- squat punches
- frog jumps
- front kicks
- crab kicks
- squat jacks
- planks (high or low)
Circuit Workout/Warmup (pre-K-2 repeat once, 3rd-6th grade three total rounds)
- 30 marching/high knees
- 30 alternating arm and leg jacks/jumping jacks
- 5-10 slinky squats to cobra
- 30 sprint shuffles
- 30 climb the ropes