Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute with Arlington ISD. In order for us to provide a timely response to your application, please be sure to read the information below in its entirety.
Requirements for a Substitute Teacher
These substitutes may work in a teacher capacity. Applicants must submit an official transcript from their college or university. Applicants with transcripts from a college or university located outside the United States must have the transcripts evaluated by an accredited international degree equivalency evaluator before submitting documents. Click here for accepted accreditation programs.
Degreed Substitute Teachers - Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
Non-degreed Substitute Teachers - Must have at least forty-five (45) college hours.
Requirements for a Substitute Paraprofessional
These substitutes may not work in a teacher capacity. Paraprofessional roles include: Classroom assistants, Clerical staff, and Secretaries.
Must submit an official High School Diploma, GED, or college transcript.
The Application Process
- Qualified applicants will be sent a link to complete a digital interview.
- Selected applicants are required to be fingerprinted. The cost for fingerprinting is approximately $52 and is the responsibility of the applicant. This is a one-time fee and process that is valid for any school district in the state of Texas.
- Applicants must have valid email address in order to receive digital interview and fingerprinting information. If you do not have an email address, you can create an email address for free.
- Applicants who have completed all of the above will receive an invitation to attend a mandatory substitute orientation.
- Continue to Application.
If you have any questions, please contact Substitute Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Substitute Service Center
- Academic Calendar
- Substitute Handbook
- Forwarding AISD Email to Your Personal Email
- STEDI Training
- Contact Us
Stay up to date on all new information, changes, and events.