Web Services is responsible for developing and maintaining the functionality and accessibility of a variety of websites and online applications and helps facilitate district communications using digital technologies and media services. In accordance with the district’s mission and objectives, Web Services ensures the legal, technical, and communication effectiveness of the district’s software systems and web applications.
Core Values & Commitments
- Customer Service
- Operational Excellence
Our mission is to administer communication technologies that facilitate internal and external communications.
Our vision is to deliver innovating and engaging experiences online to all persons while maintaining high degrees of operational excellence.
Provide a fully redundant platform of all web-hosted applications and increase server resources to ensure maximum availability of the district’s web services.
- Additional access point for end users during a major server outage.
- Improved availability of web applications and response times during periods of web server outages.
Implement a cybersecurity framework based on industry standards that protects the district’s information assets from internal and external threats.
- Implementation of a cybersecurity framework to better manage and reduce risk.
- Increased protection from threats and securing of the district’s digital assets.
Improve the security, availability, and quality of the district's websites.
- District and campus staff are automatically signed in to the Intranet improving the end user experience.
- All websites are centrally administered under one domain name; "arlingtonisd.org".
- The web server is not subject to windows-based service requests from district devices, decreasing the overall blocks in the website application firewall.
- Web publishers are trained to maintain high degrees of operational excellence.
USER INTERFACE / USER EXPERIENCE
Ensure all web applications adhere to the district’s branding guidelines and design system.
- The mobile app is consistent with the district’s identity and provides an engaging experience online.
- The intranet website is consistent with the district’s identity and provides an engaging experience online.
Provide multi-lingual content of all critical information on the website for non-English speakers.
- Spanish speakers are receiving critical information in their native language.
- Vietnamese speakers are receiving critical information in their native language.
Ensure that, to the maximum extent possible, persons with disabilities have an equal opportunity to access and utilize information technologies and technology-related services provided by the district.
- The district’s website is highly accessible and provides equitable access to all persons.
- The district commits to value people as its priority and to be a leader in the education industry for providing accessible information online.