The Professional Learning Department promotes the success of all students by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of professional learning that is shared and supported by the school community. As a branch of Academic Services, the department is responsible for the design, development and implementation of a coherent professional learning and support system:
- rooted in student and educator needs;
- focused on content and pedagogy;
- designed to ensure equitable access, opportunities, and outcomes for all students;
- ongoing, intensive and embedded in practice;
- collaborative, with an emphasis on shared accountability;
- supported by adequate resources; and
- coherent and aligned with other standards, policies, and programs.
Together with district, campus and community stakeholders, the department provides professional learning aligned to research and evidence-based practices, the District strategic plan, and nationally-recognized Standards for Professional Learning.
T-TESS is the Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System. It is a new teacher evaluation system for the state of Texas designed to support teachers in their professional development and help them grow and improve as educators.