AISD Food & Nutrition Services Free & Reduced Information

Beginning July 6, 2020, you can sign up for the Free or Reduced-Price Meal program online with your student's ID number or in person at the AISD Food & Nutrition Services building located at:

5618 W. Arkansas Lane
Arlington, Texas 76016

(Note: This is a different address than from prior years.)

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 7:00a.m to 4:30p.m

Office Number: 682-867-7895

Paper applications cannot be printed at home or returned to us by scan or fax because the Federal Government does not allow us to accept faxed or scanned signatures and a printed copy from the internet will not scan on our equipment. You must either complete the online application or apply in person at the Food Service Office on Arkansas Lane.

Applications must be complete in order to be processed. This includes the signature in the box specified.

Meal applications not signed will be returned.

The Arlington Independent School District Food & Nutrition Services Department will begin accepting online applications for the 2020-2021 school year on July 6, 2020. Be sure you have your student's ID Number.

Online Registration is Fast, Private, Safe and Secure!

We look forward to processing your applications online.  Once the application is submitted and processed, the FNS Meal Program Office will notify you by mail with an Eligibility Letter of the determined status.  After a few days, you can also download a copy of your Eligibility Letter.  Please contact the Meal Program Office if you have any additional questions.

Commonly Asked Questions:

Who can receive free meals?

Children in households receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program ( SNAP ) benefits (formerly the Food Stamp Program), or TANF can get free meals regardless of your income. Your benefit letter from Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is your documentation for free meals. If you have not already received a letter from the AISD Food & Nutrition Services Office stating that your household is eligible for free meals, you may bring your HHSC benefit letter to the Food & Nutrition Services Office to be certified for free meals. If a child in your household is directly certified due to receiving SNAP or TANF benefits, all children of your household are eligible for free meals. If a child in your household is not included on the Letter of Direct Certification, sent to you by SFA, or if you have questions, call the AISD Food & Nutrition Services Office at (682) 867-7895 if you have questions.

Who can receive reduced price meals?

Your children can receive low-cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart.

If I don’t qualify now, may I apply again later?

Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start receiving SNAP or TANF benefits (such as unemployment benefits).

What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?

You should talk to the Food & Nutrition Services Office at (682) 867-7895. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Food Service Director, 5618 W. Arkansas Lane, Arlington, Texas 76016.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail:           U.S. Department of Agriculture
                        Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
                        1400 Independence Avenue, SW
                        Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax:             (202) 690-7442
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.