- Assessment & Accountability
- Research, Evaluation & Analysis
Dr. Peggy Porterfield
Director - Assessment and Accountability
Arlington ISD’s Office of Assessment and Accountability is responsible for the administration of state assessments, including all State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR), STAAR End of Course (EOC), STAAR Alternate 2, TELPAS, and TELPAS Alternate; district assessments; and credit-by-exam for grade level acceleration and course credit. This office manages the district’s assessment data management system (Polaris).
STATE ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
For questions related to STAAR, contact Kathy St. Jean or call (682) 867-7416.
For questions related to TELPAS, contact Effie Aguilera or call (682) 867-4604.
- For information about the state assessment program, go to Texas Education Agency (TEA) Student Assessment Division
- To access your student's state assessment results in the Student Portal, go to the Texas Assessment Management System
DISTRICT ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
For questions related to Curriculum Assessments & Benchmarks, contact Wes Thrush or call (682) 867-7232.
- 2022-2023 District Assessment Calendar (Updated 03/29/23)
- Assessment Calendar Construction Process
- Assessment Philosophy
CREDIT BY EXAM AND GRADE ACCELERATION
For questions related to Credit By Exam and Grade Acceleration, contact Effie Aguilera or call (682) 867-4604.
For questions related to Polaris, contact:
Mark Taylor, Coordinator – Accountability, or call (682) 867-7406
Wes Thrush, Specialist – Assessment, or call (682) 867-7232