About Ron Durham
This scholarship is in honor of Mr. Ron Durham, previous art coordinator for the Arlington ISD. Ron was an artist, arts advocate and outstanding teacher who played a pivotal role in establishing an Art Department built upon excellence. He believed that all children can be successful through the Arts when given the opportunity. It is with great honor that we provide the Ron Durham Scholarship to one graduating senior who plan to pursue their art studies in college. Students are chosen based upon their academic standing and art portfolio reflective of their student work.
The Ron Durham Scholarship is intended for graduating seniors of the Arlington Independent School District who plan to pursue Art studies in college.The scholarship in the amount of $1000 will be awarded to one senior Art student.
- Current High School Senior Art Student in the Arlington Independent School District
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- Art portfolio submission consisting of photographs of 6-8 pieces of original artwork
- Full time enrollment (12 hours) at a college will be required
- Scholarship award will be paid on behalf of the recipient directly to the appropriate College Bursars’ office upon proof of enrollment
- One (1) recommendation letter from current Art teacher
- Photographs of 6-8 original pieces of artwork
- Only one photograph for each piece of artwork
- Photographs should be 4”x 6” and placed in plastic sleeves
- On the back of the photographs, please attach a mailing label with the following information:
- Committee members consisting of administrators and/or community artists. Committee will review all applications and select best candidates that meet all criterion and requirements.