AISD Head Start Pre-K PLUS is a unique program that combines the services of the Arlington ISD and Head Start to provide a child-centered, play-focused education that values your child’s development while offering resources that support you as a parent.
For more information regarding Head Start, please call 682-867-7199 or email Kooken-HeadStartPK-PLUS@aisd.net.
- Full-day early childhood education
- Certified teachers
- Strong teacher-child interactions
- Learning experiences that promote social, emotional, physical, reasoning, creative and life skills
- Daily physical activity and outdoor play
- Child assessments and developmental screenings
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack
- Home visits to reinforce home-based learning, supportive parenting and social-emotional development
- Access to primary health and dental health providers
- Referrals to and onsite delivery of disability and behavioral health services
- Activities to engage and support families
- External assessments of classroom quality