Survey of Parents of Students Receiving Special Education Services
Arlington ISD seeks to collect input from parents with a child receiving special education services regarding the IEP process.
All responses will be collected anonymously to help guide the district in continuous improvement.
Encuesta a padres de estudiantes recibiendo servicios de educación especial
Arlington ISD pretende recoger aportaciones de los padres con un estudiante que recibe servicios de educación especial en relación con el proceso del IEP.
Todas las respuestas se recogerán en forma anónima para ayudar a guiar el distrito en su mejoría continua. Gracias por su aportación.
NEWS & INFORMATION
Please join us Tuesday October 1 for informational sessions about:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Overview of signature agencies (ex MHMR of Tarrant County, Easter Seals, Medicaid Waivers, etc.)
- Tarrant County College (TCC) Student Accessibility Resources Center (SAR)
- Tarrant County College Continuing Education and Certificate Programs
- Texas Workforce Solutions (TWS)
About Special Education in Arlington ISD
The Arlington Independent School District provides special education services to more than 5,000 students annually. All students who receive special education services and supports meet eligibility criteria under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
The AISD Special Education Department offers comprehensive special education services and supports designed to meet the needs of each student who has an individualized education program (IEP). Services and supports are determined by the admission, review and dismissal (ARD) committee and are based upon the IEP. This committee includes parents, teachers, campus administrators, evaluation professionals, the student, and other staff (when appropriate). We value and encourage parent involvement in recognition that parents are the best advocates for their children, our students.
Please browse our website for additional information and descriptions of our services and supports, staff contact information, and helpful resources for parents, teachers, students, community members and other stakeholders. If you have comments or suggestions or would like to obtain additional information about the AISD Special Education Department, please contact us at the numbers or mailing address below. Thank you for your interest in the AISD Special Education Department.
Who Do I Contact?
- No Child Left Behind
- No Teacher Left Unsupported
- Through our commitment to continuous improvement, all staff, in partnership with parents and the community, will be equipped with the necessary skills and supports to provide quality educational experiences so that each student can reach maximum potential in preparation for life beyond school.
We believe that all students, regardless of ability, can reach their maximum potential.
We believe that our efforts should be focused on supporting teachers in assisting students in transitioning from school to life.
We believe absolute integrity forms the basis for all decisions and actions.
We believe that responsibility with accountability in our actions and interactions equals excellence.
We believe that professionals are life-long learners in continuous pursuit and application of new skills.
We believe that the development of quality relationships positively impacts teacher and student success.
We believe that there is value in dedicating time to celebrate accomplishments achieved through hard work.
- Child Find
- Records Request
- Response to Intervention
- Section 504 and Dyslexia Services
- Services & Supports
- 18 PLUSS Services
- Academic & Behavior Learning Environment (ABLE)
- Adapted Physical Education
- Alternate Curriculum
- Assistive Technology
- Audiology Services
- Collaborative Teaching
- Deaf Education & Regional Day School Program for the Deaf
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
- Educational Diagnosticians
- Homebound Services
- In-Home and Parent Training Services
- Music Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Psychological and Counseling Services
- Resource (Reading, Language Arts, & Math)
- Social, Emotional, and Academic Success (SEAS)
- Special Education Services
- Special Transportation
- Speech and Language Therapy Services
- Transition Services
- Vision Services
- Vocational Services
- Special Olympics