Arlington ISD Fathers and Families is an initiative to encourage dads, uncles, brothers, and other positive male role models to become more active in their students’ education. The presence and involvement of dads and other positive male role models protect children from many vulnerabilities. Engaged fathers, whether living in or outside of home, help foster a child’s overall health and socio-emotional well-being. Statistics reveal when fathers or father figures are engaged in their student’s education they are more likely to
- Learn more.
- Perform better in school.
- Exhibit healthier behavior.
- Have fewer discipline problems.
- Participate in extracurricular activities.
- Enjoy school more.
Arlington ISD provides programming and support to all their campuses by
- Providing an opportunity for fathers and father figures to get engaged.
- Providing a structured environment for father/student interaction.
- Engaging fathers in their children’s education.
- Building stronger bonds between father and child.
Here are some ways you can be a part of what AISD is doing to "engage fathers for excellence"!
Events and Initiatives
Math and Reading HERO Challenge
Families that engage can expect the following….
- Math and Reading manipulatives
- Pre, during, and post assessments
- Brochure of best practices
- Whole group, small group, and 1-on-1 coaching
- In-person and virtual coaching
- Weekly check-ins and support
- End of program celebration, recognition, award, and experience
Family STEM Day
During these experiences, families can expect to…
- Interact and engage in STEM-related activities for Early Childhood, Elementary, Junior High, and High School students.
- Complimentary breakfast
- STEM Demonstrations
- Learning pathways and STEM-related careers
- Lots and Lots of Fun!!!!
School Culture Coaching Sessions
- Building Relationships with EQ
- Popcorn Method: “Discover what’s Inside”
- 4 C’s to Climb-transitioning through our school
- Strengths Finder
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and Solutions
- Conflict Resolution; home and school (TBRI design)