Keep Your Child at Home When:
- Your child has a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or 37.7 degrees Celsius or higher
- Your child has diarrhea or vomiting
- Your child has a rash of unknown origin
- Your child has red, runny eyes or wakes up with eyes "glued" shut
- Your child complains of ear pain with or without fever
Your Child May Return When:
- He or she is fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol or other fever reducers.
- Your child is free of diarrhea and vomiting for 24 hours.
- You have consulted a healthcare professional*
- You have consulted a healthcare professional* for the appropriate antibiotic therapy
- You have consulted a healthcare professional* for the appropriate care.
* Upon returning to school the child must bring a signed release from the health care professional to the school nurse's office, or report to the nurse free of symptoms.
Remember: Medication must be kept in the school clinic with a doctor's and a parent's signature authorizing permission for dispensing the medication, including cough drops and other over-the-counter medicines.
You know your children best, if they don't seem well, they probably aren't. Keep them home and consult a healthcare professional if necessary.
Please keep emergency phone numbers current in the clinic - Your Child May Need You!