Grinch’s Leg Day is the last Winter Workout of 2023
Duff Elementary physical education teacher Matt Bostick has everyone ready for 2024 thanks to his Winter Workouts.
The workouts have been so good that Bostick only thinks you need one more to be ready when school starts back up Jan. 9. Is it a fun routine? That depends on what you think of the Grinch. But with Bostick’s Grinch’s Leg Day, it will be your legs that are growing three sizes that day, not your heart.
And like Bostick, you can do some of these workouts at one of our 2019 Bond-funded playgrounds. The routine is so fun we even had Santa Elvis join in. After all, Elvis loved Christmas.
So here’s the Grinch’s Leg Day workout:
Find open space on a playground to start, and bring your backpack filled!
- 10 regular squats
- 5 forward/backward lunges per leg
- 10 squat jumps
- 10 sec. squat hold with a backpack
- One lap around the perimeter of the playground
- Climb steps for all slides and go down the slides.
- Finish at your starting point and repeat twice more.
We hope your winter break is great, and you’re healthy heading into 2024.