Early learning experiences last a lifetime. It is key that all pre-K families have access to early childhood education information about our high quality program and other resources to prepare their children for a lifetime of learning and success.
By taking an active role in the education process, especially in pre-K, parents can help ensure their child has all the support they need to develop to their full potential. Parent involvement helps extend teaching outside the classroom, creates a more positive experience for children and helps children perform better when they are in school.
It is essential for parents to support the learning that happens in preschool settings at home as well. Parents who are in tune with what is happening in their child’s preschool classroom or child care facility are better able to establish a connection between what is learned at school and what takes place in the home. This connection is a key component of a child’s development and supporting further learning. Not only does family or parental involvement help extend teaching outside the classroom, it creates a more positive experience for children and helps children perform better when they are in school.
We welcome our pre-K parents and we love them!
Helpful Information for Parents and Caregivers
- Pre-K Three-Year-Old Guide (English)
- Pre-K Three-Year-Old Guide (Spanish)
- Pre-K Four-Year-Old Guide (English)
- Pre-K Four-Year-Old Guide (Spanish)
- CIRCLE Activity Collection: Family
- Arlington Public Library
- Early Childhood Education Family Resources TEA
- Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines
- Welcome to the U.S. Department's Early Learning Web Site
Helpful Information For Parents of Students with Special Needs
- Early Childhood Intervention Services (Ages: Birth-3)
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) (Ages: 3-5)
- Early Childhood Outcomes and Prekindergarten Guidelines Alignment
Arlington ISD Family Engagement Resources
Early Childhood Learning
- Meet our Team
- Pre-K Information
- Pre-K Registration
- Pre-K Programs
- Pre-K Curriculum
- Why Pre-K?
- Pre-K FAQs
- Pre-K School Locator
- Family Resources