The primary mission of the district's World Languages program is to meet the educational needs of each student whose native language is not English (Bilingual/ESL) and those of English speaking students who are learning a language other than English (LOTE).
World Languages will be a premiere department that collaborates to ensure second language learners experience rigorous and highly relevant learning in every classroom, every day.
Collaboratively ensure that all AISD students experience a rigorous and highly relevant learning experience in every classroom, every day.
- We believe that relationships built through skillful and thoughtful communication are the foundation of effective instruction.
- We believe that English learners should have equal access to the curriculum.
- We believe that our department is a point of trust with parents.
- We believe that a positive work environment fosters student success.
- We believe that all students should have the opportunity to acquire languages and experience cultures.
Department of World Languages
690 E Lamar Blvd Ste 150
Arlington, TX 76011
Fax Number: (682) 867-4669
|Nancy Zayas||(682) 867-7449|
|Secretary||Briseida Hernandez||(682) 867-7449|
|Title III Compliance Clerk||Amber Pittman||(682) 867-7702|
|Compliance Clerk||TBD||(682) 867-4600|
|Instructional Specialist||Doris Campbell||(682) 867-7746|
|Instructional Specialist||TBD||(682) 867-4608|
|Instructional Specialist||Isabelle Williams||(682) 867-7444|
|Instructional Specialist||Hildelisa Diaz||(682) 867-4602|
|Instructional Specialist||Lydia Valenzuela||(682) 867-7349|
|Instructional Specialist||Leah McFarlin||(682) 867-7443|
|Instructional Specialist||Angie Lower||(682) 867-7439|
|Instructional Specialist||Hugo Martinez||(682) 867-7338|
|Instructional Specialist||Jeff Cowman||(682) 867-7740|
|Title III ELL Support Interventionist||Esmeralda Cartagena||(682) 867-7447|
|Title III ELL Support Interventionist||Armando Pulido||(682) 867-1929|