SPECIAL OLYMPICS TEXAS: COVID-19 UPDATE
The following information was obtained directly from Special Olympics Texas:
Special Olympics Texas is suspending all sport training and competition activities and other activations involving our athletes through May 31st, 2020, at which time the situation will be reevaluated. This includes Summer Games.
This decision was carefully made after Special Olympics International consulted with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and after reviewing the latest guidance from the World Health Organization.
Special Olympics has prepared a list of frequently asked questions that you can reference on the topic of virus prevention and control.
We will keep you updated on further changes.
Special Olympics in Arlington ISD provides extra-curricular sports training and athletic Special Olympics in Arlington ISD provides extra-curricular sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for students with cognitive disabilities, giving students continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience social opportunities and participate in athletic events, while sharing their skills with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
- Child Find
- Dyslexia Services
- Records Request
- Response to Intervention
- Section 504
- Services & Supports
- 18 PLUSS Services
- Academic & Behavior Learning Environment (ABLE)
- Adapted Physical Education
- Alternate Curriculum
- Assistive Technology
- Audiology Services
- Collaborative Teaching
- Deaf Education & Regional Day School Program for the Deaf
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
- Educational Diagnosticians
- Homebound Services
- In-Home and Parent Training Services
- Music Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Psychological and Counseling Services
- Resource (Reading, Language Arts, & Math)
- Social, Emotional, and Academic Success (SEAS)
- Special Education Services
- Special Transportation
- Speech and Language Therapy Services
- Transition Services
- Vision Services
- Vocational Services
- Special Olympics