New pay rate for Food Service Specialists - $16 per hour!
AISD Food & Nutrition Services Employment Opportunity Information
Permanently Assigned Positions
Permanently assigned Team members work daily during the school year at a designated school site cafeteria. Permanent assigned positions are available from four and a half (4 1/2) hours up to seven and a half (7 1/2) hours per day. Positions are available from August thru May.
AISD minimum rate of pay for Food Service Specialists is $16.00 per hour to be paid bi-weekly. As a Full time employee, you can make an additional $1200 bonus per year through our attendance incentives. There is also a potential pay increase up to .40 cents per hour for successfully passing our training courses.
- Pass a Criminal Background check to include fingerprinting.
- Possess an approved food handlers’ permit.
- High School diploma or approved equivalent is preferred.
- Be able to read, write, and understand instructions in English.
- Perform general cleaning assignments.
- Have knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking & baking.
- Be available to work at any location on an as needed basis.
- Be able to relate effectively with staff, students and public for excellent customer service.
- Be willing to learn and follow procedures, policies and requirements of the Food & Nutrition program.
- Have the core values of trustworthiness, responsibility, respect, caring, citizenship and fairness.
- Be able to support the District & Department vision, mission and goals.
The Arlington Independent School District also uses temporary service agencies to staff the Food and Nutrition Services Department. Temporary agencies set their own rate of pay. Temporary employees, in good standing, can be hired by AISD after 30 days of substituting when positions become available.
Temporary employees work from 4 1/2 to 7 1/2 hours per shift depending on the work assignment and are expected to work at any school needed within the district.
AISD uses the following temporary agencies: